One of Detroit’s historic waterfront entertainment venues is laying down its own laws on prom fashion. The Roostertail is located at 100 Marquette Dr.
Detroit, MI 48214.
In a statement released Wednesday (April 25th), the Roostertail said it plans to host more than 50 proms this year and would be introducing a dress code for prom guests.
“The goal is to ensure another safe and successful prom season,” says facility owner Thomas Schoenith. “The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Sometimes prom committees and school officials don’t want to have to be the bad guy and tell students what is acceptable or unacceptable to wear. That’s where I come in.”
The venue said the dress code is meant to reinforce the guidelines that most schools already have in place.
Roostertail 2012 Prom Dress Code:
1. A young lady’s hemline should be no shorter than 6” above the knees.
2. Dresses may be backless, as long as they are not cut below the waist line.
3. No midriff-bearing cutouts.
4. Slits cannot go further than 6” above the knee.
5. No plunging neck lines, modest cleavage is OK.
6. Ladies, if you plan to remove your shoes, bring flats.
7. Gentlemen are not to remove, unbutton, or untuck their shirt.
8. Gentlemen must keep their shoes on.
A parent or guardian is only allowed to come to the Roostertail in case of emergency. Parents and guardians must also abide by the Dress Code. Example: no jeans, shorts, flip-flops, cut offs, halter tops, etc. At no time will families or friends be allowed on the Roostertail property.
Is your prom going to be hosted at the Roostertail this year? We wanna know what you think about the new prom dress code rules! Sound off with your opinion by commenting on this article! To comment – Click on the white speech bubble located in the top-right hand corner of this article!